“The finest version of ‘Danny Boy’ I have ever heard.”
Former President Bill Clinton
The Celtic Tenors have had world wide success and have become global phenomenon’s touring
consistently over the past ten years, which has seen them become Irish superstars all across the globe including United States and Canada where they now spend at least 6 months of the year as well as having huge success in Holland and the Middle East and next year they will tour China.
With a total album sales worldwide of over one million and over two million in ticket sales alone as well as a full international touring schedule, the Celtic Tenors have become the most successful classical crossover artists to emerge from Ireland. They have topped the charts in the USA, Canada, Germany, the UK and Ireland.
Their new album, Feels Like Home, was released in Ireland and the UK in September 2011, and the rest of the world October 2011. The album features 13 fantastic songs, all chosen by The Celtic Tenors and it focuses on The Celtic countries, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England with a mix of contemporary and traditional song choices.
It includes the moving ‘Going Home’, the beautiful balladry of ‘Feels Like Home’ which was originally sung by Edwina Hayes and featured in the smash hit movie ‘My Sister’s Keeper’ to the more upbeat traditional toe tapping anthem of ‘Red Haired Mary’ to the Irish Folk classic ‘She moved through the Fair, they have even recorded the beautiful Welsh lullaby ‘Suo Gan’ in Welsh. The Celtic Tenors have effortlessly combined a selection of songs that take you on an emotionally charged journey with a thoroughly uplifting experience.
While each of The Celtic Tenors have been influenced by the musical traditions from their own individual parts of Ireland, Daryl, James and Matthew show great flexibility in melding their voices to suit the appropriate classical, folk, Irish and pop genres.
The Celtic Tenors will be touring the UK in September and their show is an experience ov
erflowing with vitality and variety from start to finish. Daryl, James and Matthew shine with their unique voices, charm and wit and their personalities shine through alongside their undeniable Celtic charm.
“A class act… These guys are in a league of their own…
They are the best at what they do….” Louis Walsh
“Many things came after,” he jokes. “After the Three Tenors came the Three Sopranos, then the Celtic Tenors, then the Three Finnish Basses. But it was great for everybody. I know there were many people who were purist about it, but I don’t care because I have given to the purists all my life. I have the right to enjoy it.” Placido Domingo
Career Fact Sheet
• have appeared on TV across the USA, Canada and Europe
• Signed to EMI Classics for three album deal after impromptu audition in London, 2000
• Top Ten US Billboard and Canadian Charts
• Two Coast to Coast PBS TV Specials in the US
• No. 1 Chart Positions Ireland & Germany, No. 2 UK
• Triple Platinum selling artists in Ireland
• ECHO Germany Award Winners for “music without borders”, a core concept of the group.
• Headlining major Celtic festivals around the world. (Skagen, London, Milwaukee, Dublin Ohio).
• Orchestral shows include BBC CO, Concertgebouw, Dallas Symphony Orchestra, Cincinnati Pops, Vancouver & Toronto SOs and individually have sung leading roles with top opera companies and performed in oratorio and concerts across the globe
• Have performed to private audiences for world leaders such as Bill Clinton and Kofi Annan (personally organised by Bono).
• Performed at international sporting events such as The Abu Dhabi F1 Grand Prix, hosted by Sheik Nahyan in 2009; The Opening Ceremony for Dubai Tennis Open in 2010 and many matches with Munster Rugby at home in Thomond Park, Limerick since 2008 up to 2011.
• They have performed at the Hong Kong Football Club 125th Anniversary Celebrations in February 2011.
• Have hosted the Rose of Tralee Dubai in May 2010, Comparing the show and providing full musical entertainment.